Keeping it a simple post tonight. Yesterday I posted a picture of my Beef Stroganoff and had messages asking for the recipe so here it is. Simple, light and lean.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Low Cal Spray
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 150ml beef stock
- 200g lean rump steaks, sliced and all fat removed
- 150ml fat-free fromage frais/ If you don’t have fromage frais substitute it for 1 heaped tablespoon of 0% fat greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon of lightest cream cheese mixed together
- Spray a frying pan/wok with a low calorie spray and fry the onion for a few mins, until soft.
- Add the garlic and paprika, and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms, and fry for 5-8 mins until softened.
- Add the vinegar, boil to reduce until almost evaporated, then pour over the stock and bubble for a few mins until thickened slightly.
- Add the beef and cook for 2-3 mins depending on how rare you like it, then stir in the fromage frais and season. Serve with rice or tagliatelle.
It is really simple to make and quite a quick dish to prepare and cook.
Let me know what you think