Happy Friday Everyone!
I didn’t get a place in the Adidas night run during the week which was really disappointing but I have read that it was a huge success. Did any of you guys manage to get a place?
Nevertheless it didn’t stop me from getting out for a run on Wednesday. I really can’t wait for the clocks to go forward ( well kinda) so that the evenings are brighter and I can go for a run without looking like a traffic light!
Tonight I have a new recipe for you tried and tested this evening! If you like your superfoods you are definitely going to like this one.
Harissa Chicken Quinoa (Serves 2)
- Low Cal Olive Oil spray
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 100g mushrooms, diced
- 1-2 tbsp harissa paste, plus extra to serve
- 5 dried apricots
- 110g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 25g Lentils
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- 65g Quinoa
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- Cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 5 mins.
- While the quinoa is cooking spray a large frying pan with low calorie spray and cook the onion for 1-2 mins just until softened then add the mushrooms until cooked.Add the chicken and fry for 7-10 mins until cooked through and the onions have turned golden.
- Stir through the harissa to coat everything and cook for 1 min more.
- When the chicken is cooked, the quinoa should be ready ( soaked up the majority of the stock)
- Add in the apricots, chickpeas and quinoa to the pan containing the chicken
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Scatter over the coriander to serve. Serve with extra harissa, if you like.
If you try it as always let me know and tag me in a picture!
Lots of Love