This week has just been beautiful here lots of sunshine, a bbq and a couple of glasses of prosecco (all in moderation!). Although it wasn’t exactly Florida weather we brought the ribs (yes THE RIBS) to London (with sweet baby rays – thee best bbq sauce I’ve ever had!).
As you may have seen on my instagram I was invited to try out the new MYRUN technogym treadmill this thursday coming and I’m SO excited. I will be reviewing it after but if you want to know more about it now click here.
Despite it being a Sunday I actually haven’t had a roast today (shock horror!). I decided to mix it up a little bit and made a Chorizo and Prawn Pilaf . It might be the new Sunday roast (naaaahh just kidding) but it is seriously good! Of course I am sharing the recipe..
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- Low Cal olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 100g of prawns
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or 1 tsp of lazy garlic)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 125g basmati rice
- 300ml veg stock
- 1 tbsp of harissa paste
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Spray large pan with a low cal spray. Add the onion and cook for 5-8 mins until soft and golden. Push to the side of the pan and add the chorizo. Cook until lightly browned and some of the oils are released into the pan.
- Add the garlic and paprika, then the tomatoes and harissa paste. Bubble over a medium heat for 5 mins, then add the rice and stock. Stir everything together well and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and cook over a very low heat for 12 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave to sit and steam for 10-15 mins.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Just so you know I’m in the middle of updating this site, so if at some point you come on and everything seems to be a little higgledy piggledy I apologise but it won’t be for long (well fingers crossed as I’m a little bit hopeless!).