This week I was feeling rather Mexican minus the sombrero. I posted a picture on my Instagram account of some salmon tacos I made during the week. Since then I’ve received so many emails asking for the recipe so here it is. I haven’t managed to nail making a corn tortilla however I will get there. In the meantime Old El Paso will do the trick!
Here is what you need ( Serves 2)
– 1 tsp garlic salt
– 2 tbsp smoked paprika
– 2 tbsp ground cumin
– 300g salmon fillets
– 6 corn tortillas (or as many as you like!) I used Old El Paso
– 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– 1 tsp chipotle paste
– 3 tbsp of lighter than light mayonnaise
– 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– 1 fat green chilli, deseeded and chopped
– 200g roasted red peppers from a jar
– 1 crustless slice bread, torn up
– 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Turn on grill
- Mix the smoked paprika, cumin and garlic salt in a small bowl. Rub the spices over the salmon fillets and put them on the baking tray
- Place salmon under grill for 10-12 minutes until cooked through
- While the salmon cooks, mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle paste and set aside
- Mix the avocado and tomatoes in a separate bowl and chill until ready to serve
- For the salsa, tip the tomatoes, garlic and chilli into a food processor ( I used my blender) with the peppers, bread, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse to make a rough purée. Turn into a small bowl, cover with cling film and chill until ready to serve
- Warm the taco shells in the oven, following the pack instructions ( don’t leave them too long- they will burn quite fast). Flake the salmon and serve with the tacos, avocado/tomatoes, salsa and chipotle mayo.
This is a perfect summer dinner, super light and healthy.
Let me know what you think.