A creamy prawn and chorizo risotto for dinner tonight 👌 #foodie #foodporn #healthyeating #eatclean #protein #foodswap #fish #fitfam #diet #nutrition #recipes #strongnotskinny #training #meals #macros #iifym #ukfitfam #irunlikeagirl #befit #gymbunny #cardio #carbs #calories #irishfitfam #dinner #evening #nightin #womensfitness
I love prawns,I love chorizo, I love risotto. Can you guess the inspiration for this recipe??
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 5 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 3 tablespoons of ‘lightest’ cream cheese
- 250g Prawns (fresh or frozen, I used frozen)
- 200g Risotto
- 40g chopped chorizo
- 150g Mushrooms
- 1/2 chopped Red Onion
- 1 teaspoon of lazy garlic or garlic clove chopped
- 1 tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
- 500ml of Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley (to garnish)
- In a blender, make a slurry by combining the milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside
- In a hot pan add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until brown. Season with salt and pepper
- Add the white wine vinegar followed by the rice. Slowly add the stock ( but not all of it) and continue to stir. Leave it to cook but keep an eye on it as you will need to continue to add stock if it starts to dry up
- In a separate hot pan, add the chorizo and prawns (There is no need to add any oil as there is enough fat in the chorizo to cook both).
- Once cooked add the chorizo,prawns and ‘ slurry’ to the risotto. If you feel its too dry/sticky, add some stock until you get the right consistency
- Garnish with fresh parsley
It is SOOOOO worth it!
Give it a go and let me know your thoughts!