Pregggooo (Italian for…EVERYTHING!)
I was so taken back by your reaction to my carbonara last night that I had to share the recipe with you today (I’m so nice I know).While I was in Italy I had to be really careful with the cheese as I can have a bad reaction to certain types. In order to avoid any sickness I just had to steer clear full stop (booooo!).
When I got back I was adamant that I wanted to make my own,with ingredients I knew wouldn’t make me sick.
Voila, it happened!
It is a really simple recipe and hits all the right spots. Whilst on holiday Mike tasted his best ever carbonara in a restaurant called Osteria Saporedi Vino, Lake Garda. I wanted to top it and I’m pretty damn sure I have.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 120g pasta (of your choice)
- 180g of lean smoked bacon (chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic or 1 tsp of lazy garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lightest philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 150ml of skimmed milk
- Low cal frying spray
- In a blender, make a slurry by combining the milk, flour, garlic and cream cheese. Set aside
- Cook the pasta to al dente in a pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a pot.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with low-calorie frying spray and add the bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked, place the pot of pasta back on the hob and add the bacon and ‘slurry’. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until it becomes relatively thick. If you find it is too thick just add a little more milk.
- Serve hot
Now HOW easy is that??
Please please share pictures with me if you do decide to give it a go.