Is it Friday yet???
I woke up today convinced it was Friday and then you know when it hits you that it really isn’t ..what a shit feeling right?
Once my day was over I did arrive home to my regular meat delivery from Muscle food. Hard to believe that sausages actually made my day( I know what you are thinking..dirty!!).
Tonight I decided to do something different. Most people consider sausages as a breakfast food but I like to incorporate them into my main meals like a Chicken and Chilli Sausage Bell Pepper Paella.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 100g Basmati Rice (or rice of your choice)
- 3 Chicken and Chilli Sausages (chopped) – Available from Muscle Food
- 4 low fat bacon medallions ( chopped) Available from Muscle Food
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g of drained canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- 200ml of water
- Low calorie olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
Pre heat oven to 200C
- Spray large pan with low calorie olive oil spray. Fry onions, garlic and peppers until they begin to brown. Add sausage and bacon and fry until fully cooked.
- Add rice and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in wine, paprika, salt/pepper, tomatoes, and water and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to an oven dish and cook for 20-30 mins.
So easy and really nutritious, Just to give you an idea here is the nutritional breakdown for both the medallions and the sausages.
If you do decide to buy from Muscle Food make sure to use my referral code (KG65790) and you will actually receive 4 free chicken breasts on your first order. They aren’t the type of chicken breasts that are full of water and shrivel up..yes Tesco I’m talking about you!!
Have a lovely Wednesday 🙂