Make sure there is more than you around when you make them because trust me you will want to eat all of them in one go.
Ingredients ( Makes 4 squares)
- 60g chocolate milkshake whey ( I used Quest)
- 30g coconut flour ( I used Bulk Powders)
- 30g almond flour ( I used Sukrin )
- 120ml coconut milk ( I used Alpro )
- 1 tbsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup ( Use my code TRKGRUN10 for 10% off)
- 3 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp date nectar ( I used Beloved)
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts
- 30g dark chocolate ( I used Cocoa Plus whey chocolate)
- Blend together the whey, coconut flour, almond flour, milk and syrup until you get a dough that you can easily shape with your hands. If it’s too dry add more milk and if it’s too wet add more coconut flour.
- Shape into 4 squares and place on some parchment paper in the fridge.
- While they are chilling pop the dates and date nectar into a blender and blend until the consistency is similar to that of caramel.
- Spread a layer of the date caramel onto the bars and sprinkle with the chopped nuts. For best results leave them in the freezer for 10-20mins.
- After 20mins melt the dark chocolate and coat the bars. Place them back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
Macros: (per serving approx)
- Calories 233
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 22g
- Protein 11g