So it’s #TastyTuesday and do I have a treat for you or what…
Thanks to the awesome team at Quest, I have my hands firmly on the new Cookies and Cream Whey Protein. No words, it’s frigin awesome. Proats, shakes, smoothie bowl you name it and now I’ve incorporated into my baking…. Cookie and Cream Truffles. Nom nom nom. If you enjoyed the Oreo truffles trust me these are right up there.
These are so moreish, you have been warned. Luckily theres no counting calories for me at the moment as the half marathon is just 18 days away and I’m eating everything and anything around me! HOWEVER these are a “clean” and healthy treat so you don’t need to worry about any bold calories.
Ingredients ( Makes 10/12 truffles), depending on how large you roll them- I made 10
- 1 sachet (31g) of Quest cookies and cream whey protein
- 2 tbsp lightest cream cheese ( I used Philadelphia)
- 30g coconut flour ( I used Bulk Powders)
- 2 tbsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup ( use my code TRKGRUN10 for 10% off)
- 40g dark chocolate ( I used Cocoa Plus Protein Chocolate – enter my competition to win some here. )
– Set aside 2 squares of chocolate, 1 square ( shaven to sprinkle on top of the truffles) and the 2nd square shaven to include in the mixture.
- Add all ingredients to a blender apart from the chocolate that you are using to cover the truffles.
- If the mixture is too dry add a little bit of milk and if it’s too wet add some more flour.
- Shape the mixture into 10 small balls and for best results leave them to set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water and coat the truffles in chocolate. Sprinkle them with shaven chocolate.
You are gonna love these.
Macros: (approx per truffle)