I’m eating lots of carbs these days ( can’t complain) as I continue to train for the half marathon in Paris. Theres only so much of pasta bolognese a girl can handle though so I have rummaged together this creamy garlic chicken and salami pasta dish to spice things up a bit.
It’s so simple and you don’t need any fancy ingredients, I promise!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 120g pasta (of your choice)
- 2 breasts of chicken (chopped)
- 200g spinach
- 50g mushrooms
- 1 pack of Topherd Chilli Pepper Skinny Salami ( chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic or 1 tsp of lazy garlic
- 3 tablespoons of lightest philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 150ml of skimmed milk
- Low cal frying spray
- In a blender, make a slurry by combining the milk, flour, garlic and cream cheese. Set aside
- Cook the pasta to al dente in a pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a pot.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with low-calorie frying spray and add the chicken and mushrooms.
- Once the chicken and mushrooms are cooked, place the pot of pasta back on the hob and add the salami ,spinach and ‘slurry’. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes until it becomes relatively thick. If you find it is too thick just add a little more milk.
- Serve hot
Macros (Per serving approx)
- Calories: 450
Let me know what you think!
PS Don’t forget my competition to win some protein chocolate from Cocoa Plus is running until Sunday. Enter here