So it’s my official countdown to the Paris Half Marathon, two weeks to the very day. I’m so excited, relatively nervous and very tired. My trainers have been holding up well but I certainly need a new pair once it’s over, I won’t risk the chance of buying new ones so close to the day. I don’t fancy blisters at this stage!
A lot of people have been asking me how I’m still drinking alcohol even though I’m training so hard. To be perfectly honest I don’t see the harm once I still do my sessions. It shouldn’t stop you from doing what you want to do, otherwise you shouldn’t do it! Obviously I’m not gonna be going on a binge the night before, I always say moderation is key both food and fluid wise.
Today, I have another chocolate recipe ( what a surprise!). I swear I don’t eat chocolate every day ( blush face…). These are a “healthier” version of a Twix bar, one of my childhood favourites. Right finger or left finger? BOTH!
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 110g of Flora Light
- 40g sweetener ( I used Sukrin Gold it’s like for like sweetness to sugar)
- 1 egg ( I used Two Chicks Whole Eggs)
- 1 tsp TRKG vanilla skinny syrup ( Use my code TRKGRUN10 for 10% off)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g grounded oats ( I used Quaker Oats and popped them into the blender to give it a flour like texture)
- 4 tbsp medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp date nectar ( I used Beloved)
- 70g dark chocolate ( I used Cocoa Plus Protein Chocolate, use my code IRUNLIKEAGIRL for 20% off)
- Preheat oven to 300oF (150C) and place rack in center of oven.
- With an electric mixer or hand mixer, beat the Flora and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until combined. Add syrup, oats and salt and beat until the dough just comes together.
- Refrigerate the dough until firm ( about an hour)
- Roll out the dough or press onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes
- Pop the dates and date nectar into a blender and blend until the consistency is similar to that of caramel.
- Spread a layer of the date caramel onto the bars. For best results leave them in the freezer for 10-20mins.
- After 20mins melt the dark chocolate and coat the bars. Place them back in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
And voila “healthy” Twix bars.
Nom nom nom…
Macros (per finger approx)
Let me know if you try them, essential with a cup of tea.