So it’s not quite pay day yet and you can’t afford to buy “healthy snacks” because they are so expensive. Fear not, I have the easiest, fuss free, non complicated ingredient recipe that will help you keep on track. Drum roll please…..Chia Chocolate Energy Balls.
One thing you should always have in your cupboards are chia seeds. I LOVE them, I add them to everything. They are rich in fibre, protein, omega 3 fatty acids which help to raise HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol that helps protect against heart attack and stroke). I love soaking my proats in them over night and it makes it all plump, yummy and pudding like in the morning (you neeeeed to try this).
These balls are not super calorific but they will help curb those cravings come 3pm.
Ingredients: ( makes 10)
- 40g oats (I used Quaker Oats)
- 30g nut butter of choice ( I used Bulk Powders Triple Nut Butter)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds ( I used Bulk Powders)
- 1 tbsp raisins/sultanas
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips ( I used Cocoa Plus Protein Chocolate, use my code IRUNLIKEAGIRL for 20% off)
- 2 tbsp date nectar or you could use honey (I used Beloved Date Nectar)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll into 10 small balls.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Macros (per ball approx)
- Calories 67
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 7g
- Protein 2g