I’m back into cooking and baking mode…
This morning I treated myself to (two of) these homemade granola and date breakfast muffins. When I say treat myself it’s not that they are bad for you it’s because I generally have proats for breakfast during the week as it’s easy to transport to work. Today though I was at home so I had more time.
Granola often gets a bad reputation for being full of sugar. That can be said for some brands and it’s just about looking at the nutritional information and making the right choice. For this recipe I used Beloved Date Granola. It has no added sugar, only the naturally occuring sugars from dates.
Ingredients (Makes 4)
- 85g wholemeal flour
- 25g Sukrin Gold
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 20g oats (I used Quaker)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120ml apple sauce
- 1 tsp TRKG vanilla skinny syrup ( Use my code TRKGRUN10 for 10% off)
- 1 egg (I used Two Chicks Whole)
- Beloved Date Granola (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl add flour, Sukrin Golf, baking powder, oats, cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl add beaten egg, vanilla syrup and applesauce. Mix together
- Add mix to dry ingredients
- Put liners in muffin pans
- Spray liners with low calorie cooking spray
- Put 1 scoop of muffin mixture into each liner and sprinkle with granola
- Bake for 25-30min or until a knife comes out clean.
Macros (approx per muffin)
- Calories: 138
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbs: 26g