Quinoa for dinner, quinoa for lunch…bet you never thought it could form part of a cookie.
If you haven’t heard of quinoa or know much about it, here are some of the key benefits of including it in your diet.
- High in fibre (almost twice the amount of fibre than other grains)
- High in protein (contains all 9 essential amino acids)
- Contains iron, magnesium, and riboflavin (B2)
It’s basically the “supergrain of the future” so you ought to include it in your meal.
I don’t think theres an easier way than having a cookie?
Ingredients (Makes 8)
- 50g cooked quinoa
- 100g oats ( I used Quaker)
- 10g almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 75g dried cranberries ( I used Bulk Powders)
- 50ml Alpro coconut
- 30g Sukrin Gold
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix all ingredients together in a ball.
- Shape into 8 cookies and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20min until golden.
Macros ( approx per cookie)
- Calories: 97
- Protein: 2g
- Carbs: 18g
- Fats: 2g