What a weekend!
For those of you following me on Snapchat (gillk4) you will know I was in Ireland at the weekend to surprise my dad for his 60th. It was absolute mayhem trying to hide everything from him but in the end it all worked out and we had an awesome night. He’s my hero.
There was no exercise this weekend well I don’t think you can running around the house like a headless chicken as exercise. Similarly no healthy food, dad’s cake was a chocolate biscuit cake, I don’t think I need to explain. It was nice to just chill out, pig out and enjoy some family time.
I’m very lucky this week as I have some annual leave to take before year end, so I will be very active on social media. That also means there will be lots of cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. Tonight I have started with these scrummy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins…
Ingredients ( Makes 6)
- 110g apple sauce
- 43g triple nut butter (I used Bulk Powders)
- 64g oats (I used Quaker)
- 1 tbsp Sukrin Gold
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 egg (I used Two Chicks)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 20g raisins
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp date nectar (I used Beloved)
- 1 tsp TRKG vanilla skinny syrup (use my code TRKGRUN10 for 10% off)
- 50ml Alpro Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C°.
- Place 6 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Macros (per muffin/approx)
- Calories: 123
- Fats: 6g
- Carbs: 15g
- Protein: 4g