So the days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. The sun might be out bit it’s not exactly warm is it? When the sun is out I want a salad but if it’s not warm a cup of tea ain’t gonna fix that.
Tonight I’m serving up a Fajita Chicken Quinoa Salad. You will understand the fajita part when you see the ingredients. This will keep you full, keep you warm and keep you healthy.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 90g uncooked quinoa (rinse before using)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 pack fajita seasoning (I used old el paso)
- 1 stock cube
- 450ml boiling water
- 100g spinach
- 40g sweetcorn
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tsp lazy garlic
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Crushed pistachios (optional)
- Put the quinoa in a medium saucepan and pour over the stock. Simmer over a medium heat for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add lazy garlic and onion. Fry for 2-3mins. Add the chicken and cook until it is fully cooked through.
- Add the spinach, sweetcorn and pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked veg to the cooked quinoa.Stir well and serve hot.
- Sprinkle with some crushed pistachios if desired.
- Calories 328
- Fats 5g
- Protein 33g
- Carbs 38g
Keep for lunch or serve as dinner…