It’s almost the weekend, the sun is shining and we are set for a mini heatwave. That means one thing BBQ, whoop whoop!
Mike and I have had our first BBQ already this year (a few weeks back). It wasn’t even that sunny or warm, we just wanted a BBQ. This weekend however we have an excuse (clearly we don’t need one though). Mike will be in his element with his ribs and I will be in my element with my chicken (and his ribs!).
I will be on chicken duty as always and I have the most amazing marinade for chicken wings/thighs that will make you want a BBQ every single day. It is possible to use this marinade just in the oven but when you get it on that BBQ, the flavours are IMMENSE. I’m literally drooling at the thoughts of it.
- 125g plain flour
- 12 medium sized chicken wings or thighs (
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked garlic powder
- 170g cup honey
- 125g BBQ sauce
- Get your BBQ ready and heated. Similarly preheat oven to 180C as you will need this first.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, chilli powder, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.
- Coat the wings in the mixture. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-35minutes until golden brown. Make sure to turn them half way through.
- Meanwhile mix the BBQ sauce and the honey. Stir the cooked wings in the sauce and coat them evenly.
- Place them on the BBQ and cook for a further 5 minutes or until it caramelises. If you weren’t putting them on the BBQ you can pop them back in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
THESE ARE SO GOOD!
Let me know if you make these beauties, be warned they are messy but trust me it’s worth it.