I’ve rather an unusual combo for this truffle recipe, which only requires 3 ingredients, one of which is avocado.
Avocado gets a bad rep for being very fatty but as this amazing picture explains below ( this really made me laugh) it’s all good fats.
Not only that but..
- they contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals.
- they’re low carb – a 100g serving contains 160 calories, 2 grams of protein. Although it contains 9 grams of carbs, 7 of those are fibre so there are only 2 “net” carbs, making this a low-carb friendly plant food.
- they’re high in potassium ( more so than bananas)
- they’re high fibre 7g per 100g, which is more than some wholemeal breads
Bottom line is they’re delicious and really easy to incorporate into your diet, even dessert!
Now to the fun part, creamy chocolate truffles, without the cream
Ingredients – makes approx 10…depends how generous you want to be!
- 1/2 avocado, ripe
- 140g dark chocolate or protein chocolate ( I used Cocoa Plus Protein Chocolate, use my code IRUNLIKEAGIRL for 20% off)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup ( Use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- Nuts, dried fruits, get creative…
- Scoop out flesh of avocado and mash until there’s no lumps. Pop into a blender or food processor if you’re struggling. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave. If you like a crunchy texture chop some of the chocolate up and set aside.
- Add avocado mixture into the bowl with melted chocolate and mix until well-blended.
- Here is where you would add the chocolate bits, dried fruit, nuts etc.
- Refrigerate the chocolate-avocado mixture for at least 1 hour until it hardens.
- Shape the mixture into 15 small balls and roll into cocoa powder until they’re completely covered.
See, avocados are not just for poached eggs!