I got totally inspired yesterday by…. coconuts at the V Show. There was SO much coconut – coconut sugar, coconut flour, coconut peanut butter and even coconut jerky (yeah that exists!). I kinda craved more coconut afterwards! So with a little bit of playing around yesterday evening and today and baked up this gluten free, lactose free, coconut chocolate cake… NOM.
Ingredients (makes 7 slices)
- 220g apple sauce
- 90ml rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp Truvia
- 1 tbsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup (use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 80g coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 50g dark chocolate , chopped ( I used Cocoa Plus Protein Chocolate – use my code IRUNLIKEAGIRL for 20% off) If you’re lactose intolerant swap for cocoa nibs
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease a small loaf pan with low calorie cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix the apple sauce with the oil, truivia, syrup, cinnamon, baking powder and desiccated coconut.
- Slowly add the coconut flour until it forms a dough consistency
- Fold in the chocolate pieces
- Bake for 20-25mins until slightly golden on top and a knife comes out squeaky clean!
Macros:(Per slice, approx)
You will not need any candle to scent your home, coconut everywhere.