What an unbelievable week it has been (weather wise). I have genuinely turned into a giant freckle over night as yesterday was such a scorcher. I always like to think I’m not going to burn, but I did, I’m Irish when will I learn!
We’ve not managed to have a BBQ because our garden has been taken over by builders (boo). Nevertheless Regents Park is very close by so there has been many a picnic.
My picnic essentials have to be:
- Prosecco (obvs)
- Carrot batons
- Lean meats
- Tzatziki ( I hate cucumber on its own but I like it in Tzatziki, weird I know)
- Some form of tortilla chips – I love-making my own. Take a wrap cut it into triangles, season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven until they’re crisppppy. NOM and much healthier.
- Fresh fruit (MANGO, MANGO)
What are yours?
I realised yesterday that I haven’t eaten chickpeas in ages. It’s only because we’ve been having picnics that I’ve been eating lots of houmous ( and I’ve discovered Hippeas (PS watch out for a competition tonight to win some).
SO can you guess what’s the main ingredient of this recipe? Yup, chickpeas like you’ve never seen it before.
Cinnamon and Walnut Chickpea Brownies
Dairy, gluten and egg free
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 150g chickpeas (drained)
- 30g honey cinnamon cashew butter ( I used Pip and Nut)
- 20g oats (I used Quaker)
- 42g honey
- 1/2 tbsp Truvia
- 2 tsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup (Use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 14g walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
Optional: For the topping mix equal parts cinnamon and Truvia together.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor except for the walnuts.
- Pulse until the chickpeas have fully blended and are no longer visible.
- Add the walnuts to the mixture and stir.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is crispy and a knife comes out clean.
Your kitchen will smell like Cinnabon, promise!
Enjoy them in the sunshine (while it lasts).