So it’s almost the weekend and I don’t know about you, but my god this week seems like it’s been going on and on. Have you noticed how much darker it is in the mornings? ( I do get up at 5.30am but still!) I.can’t.deal. I don’t want the Summer to end. The thoughts of the cold literally send shivers down my spine.
Anyway I thought I would give you a bit of an update on my exclusion diet with Yorktest. I’m feeling good/badish. I’ve had no bloating episodes, bad tummy aches etc. However I have been really tired and grumpy. I was warned this would happen as it would take time for my body to get used to not having all that it’s been used to i.e me drinking 2L of milk every day, of course my body is going to hate me! Also I’m an absolute pain in the arse at a restaurant. You might think oh come on if you’re at a restaurant just leave it. But if I do that, there’s no point as I’m back to square one again. If I really want to beat my intolerances I have to be strict and keep it out of my diet for at least 10-12 weeks.
All in all, a good but grumpy start – watch this space.
When I’m grumpy I bake and that’s exactly what I did tonight. I’ve made mini date granola bowls that you can have as a snack, dessert or even breakfast.
Ingredients (Makes 6 approx)
- 70g Rolled Oats (I used Quaker)
- 70g Beloved Almond and Hazlenut Date Granola
- 1 tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed with Biocultures and Vitamin D
- 75ml Beloved Date Nectar
- 1 tbsp TRKG Caramel Skinny Syrup (Use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 15ml rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 25g mixed nuts (optional)
- 1 egg white (I used Two Chicks)
- Pinch salt
- Low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, granola, nuts, oil, date syrup, caramel syrup, cinnamon, flaxseed, egg white and salt.
- Spray muffin tin with low calorie olive oil.
- Press some of the granola mixture into each muffin cup, forming a bowl shape. Don”t use your hands as it just gets sticky. Use the back of a small spoon to make the bowl in the middle
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Once cool add a dollop of yogurt (I used Alpro) and top with a strawberry.