So who was watching The Great British Bake Off last night? Or is that a silly question. I’m absolutely obsessed. What’s everyones view on the move to Channel 4. If Mary Berry goes I will be devastated .
Anyway last night the bakers made some super naughty churros. I had a little bit of a lightbulb moment and thought hmmm I think I could make a lighter version of these and guess what I did…
I bring you No Fry Gluten Free Churros
- 60g coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 2 tbsp date nectar ( I used Beloved)
- 2 tbsp Sukrin:1
- 1 tbsp cinnamon + 1 tsp for coating
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil (1 tbsp for coating)
- 112g apple sauce
- 1 tsp TRKG vanilla skinny syrup ( use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, sukrin:1 and cinnamon.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, apple sauce, date nectar, rapeseed oil and vanilla
- Combine the wet mixture with the coconut mixture until well incorporated.
- Roll into 12 balls
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes, until slightly golden
- Combine the Sukrin Gold and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush each churro with a small amount of rapeseed oil using a pastry brush then toss in the cinnamon ‘sugar’ mix.