Wednesday nights have now just turned into baking nights thanks to the Great British Bake Off. This week is dessert week and I’m a little bit ahead of the game as I’ve already made my dessert (quite a few of them too) . These are my healthy take on the famous Oreo. I’m not gonna lie and say they taste like Oreos because they don’t BUT they’re a healthy alternative suitable for almost every diet as they’re vegan and gluten free.
Ingredients: ( makes 12-15 approx)
- 110g oat flour (plain gluten free rolled oats blended into a flour in the food processor
- 60g cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp date syrup (I used Beloved)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp TRKG caramel skinny syrup ( use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 1 tsp coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 90g cashews – soaked in water overnight
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Mix all the cookie ingredients together in a large bowl until it forms a dough
- Roll out flat and cut into circles using a cookie cutter. Place in fridge while you make the filling
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Take the cookies out of the fridge and sandwich with the cream filling.
- Store them in the fridge for an hour