It wouldn’t be a proper Halloween without another pumpkin recipe right?
I struggled to come up with a name for this so I’m going with Spooky Pumpkin Slices, creativity is rife tonight.
Ingredients (makes 10)
For the Crust:
- 160g walnuts
- 160g dessicated coconut
- 160g soft dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp date nectar ( I used Beloved Date Nectar)
For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 400g pumpkin puree ( You can get this in Sainsbury’s in the American food section)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp date nectar ( used Beloved Date Nectar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ( I used TRKG Vanilla Skinny Syrup, use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor and process until all ingredients are incorporated and you get a thick paste consistency.
- Press the mixture evenly into a baking tray and push up the sides about 1/2 inch so you have a hollow centre. It should be sticky enough to stay but not so sticky that you cant press it down. No need to pre-bake. Set aside
To make the filling:
- Add pumpkin with the other filling ingredients to a blender, or smooth consistency.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth out evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is set – it can move a little but it shoudn’t be watery
- Once the filling is set, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before storing, covered, in the refrigerator.
Nom nom nom…
Have a very spooky Halloween!