If you’re following me on Instagram you will know that I’m training for the London marathon in April. I don’t know if I’m actually excited about it or excited about the extra calories I get to consume. Who am I kidding, obviously the latter. I have a couple of events coming up in preparation including the London Winter Run 10km and the Athens Half Marathon. I’m doing the Athens race with friends which I am really happy about and it’s in Greece so yes there will be cocktails consumed.
So that’s a little mini update on me and do let me know if you’re doing the London Winter Run, I would love to see you there and it’s for a great cause too. Fingers crossed it’s not freezing cold.
Now, where are the s’mores I hear you say. This was a fun test in the kitchen at the weekend and I’m so happy it worked out. Nothing frustrates me more when a recipe I’ve worked on doesn’t work out and I have to start all over again. My weekends tend me to the times that I can only do this as working during the week, it’s next to impossible. So yeah I get very cranky if it turns out rank! I hope you like it.
Ingredients (Makes 12 squares)
- 110g coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 3 egg whites (I used Two Chicks)
- 200ml coconut milk (I used Alpro)
- 73g Sukrin Gold
- 150g applesauce
- 30g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp TRKG Vanilla Skinny Syrup ( Use my code TRKGIRUN for 10% off)
- 60g dark chocolate, melted
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with tin foil
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, vanilla, coconut milk and egg whites. Stir in the chopped white chocolate and Sukrin Gold. Make sure that the batter is “wet” enough as coconut flour really absorbs the moisture and if you’re not careful can dry out.
- Press into lined tin and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden
- Once baked remove and spread the applesauce on top. Add the melted chocolate and smooth it over. Top with marshmallows
- Place in the grill for 2-3 minutes. Keep a VERY close eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
Take out and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then you can enjoy!