Introducing the quickest stir fry you will ever make. As it is Chinese New Year, I felt inspired to try making something a little more cultural. Chinese food has a bad reputation for being full of fat, sugar and salt. This is true for a lot of takeaways not just Chinese. When you’re making things in your own kitchen you can adapt it to fit your own diet and lifestyle. I’m always trying to find ways of making lighter versions of naughty food and this dish just does the trick.
Ingredients ( Serves 2 )
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 pack Eat Water Slim Rice ( Use my code irunlikeagirl for 55% off)
- 120ml tamari soy sauce (or regular soy sauce)
- 85g honey or I used Beloved Date Nectar
- 2 tsp lazy garlic or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp lazy ginger or 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp lazy chili or 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 400g extra lean diced beef
- Salt and Pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Grease frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray
- Add beef and fry until cooked through. Add green pepper.
- In a bowl mix the tamari sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, chili, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the pan until all the meat is coated. All to simmer for 3-5 mins.
- Serve hot with rice of choice, I used Slim Rice
Happy Chinese New Year!