It’s been a struggle to get time to play around in the kitchen recently. Luckily this week has been a lot kinder to me and I got to whip up these beauties. I’m so happy with how these turned out like… really. I know I would obviously say that, but I’ve had a number of taste testers and they’ve all agreed.
Creamy Custard Cocoa Crunch Bites
- 115g margarine (I used Flora Freedom – Vegan)
- 50g sweetener ( I used Sukrin Gold)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp hazelnut milk or other milk alternatives ( I used Alpro)
- 12 digestive or tea biscuits ( I used Tesco Free From)
- 115g almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 115g unsalted margarine (I used Flora Freedom – Vegan)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut milk or other milk alternatives (I used Alpro)
- 2 tablespoons custard powder (I used Birds)
- 250g icing sugar ( I used Sukrin Icing)
- Line a baking pan with foil making sure to leave some hanging over the edge.
- To make the bottom layer, in a food processor blend the cookies until they are completely crushed. Pour into a large bowl along with the almonds and coconut.
- Melt the margarine, sweetener and cocoa powder in a saucepan. Once melted stir into crumbs and add the hazelnut milk. Mix well until everything is combined. Press into a prepared pan.
- To make the top layer, cream margarine, hazelnut milk, custard powder and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over the bottom layer.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Gently lift the foil out of the pan, place on a cutting board and cut into squares
Please let me know if you try them out, I would love to hear what you think.
PS : If you haven’t seen already I’m holding a 5km run in Regent’s Park on the 4th March. There will be goodies from Quest, Beloved and Topherd on the day. Sign up here.