Back to food and keeping it positive guys.
Tomorrow is the celebration of egg whites, who knew! I’ve been working with Two Chicks to put together some healthy recipes for the day. Very often I’m asked where to buy healthy granola or what brands to buy. Honestly, there are very few that I’ve seen that I would recommend except for Beloved Date Granola and Lizi’s Granola. Of course, nothing is better than homemade so with that in mind, I’m sharing a really simple recipe that you can make in less than 20 minutes.
Crunchy Almond Granola
- 125g almond butter (I used Pip N Nut)
- 55g Two Chicks Egg White
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 32g Sukrin Gold or alternative sweetener
- 170g oats (I used Quaker)
- 64g flaked roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, egg whites, vanilla, and sweetener. Stir until smooth. Add the oats and almonds and stir again until well combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop the mixture onto the parchment. Spread across the parchment, leaving plenty of small bite-size chunks of granola. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and then transfer to an airtight container.
I say, “let cool” but BUT do try it warm with a little bit of Greek yogurt, you will thank me for it. Nom Nom…
Enjoy and Happy International Egg White Day!