As I continue to discover more and more vegan alternatives, I’m finding cashews are the basis of so many amazing desserts. Baking in the past and who am I kidding I still do it now, I always struggled not to taste a long the way, especially when it was cookie dough. My mother tried to scare the life out of me (I was going to be poisoned for eating raw dough), BUT IT TASTED SO GOOD. So, this recipe is raw BUT edible and obviously delicious.
Vegan “Cookie Dough”
- 250g cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 40g almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g dark and white chocolate chips (I used Sainsbury’s Free From range)
1. Soak cashews in boiling water for two hours.
2. Drain the cashews and blend in a food processor for 30 seconds. Pour in coconut oil and agave, and vanilla and continue to blend for 1 minute.
3. Scrape down sides and add in almond flour. Blend until smooth, approximately 2-5 minutes.
4. Remove from food processor and transfer to a food storage container and stir in chocolate chips.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Hope you like it..