Do I talk about Thai food enough? Yeah I know I’m a little OTT but the flavours are immense, the food is really healthy and I want to share with you how easy it is to make some of their simple dishes, starting with Tofu Cashew Nut. I’ve made it Vegetarian because I had some tofu I needed to use up but you can swap for any meat, chicken is always a great shout.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 60g mushroom, sliced
- 4 baby corns, sliced
- 50g cashew nut, roughly chopped
- 200g tofu, chopped in square chunks
- 1 dried red chili, sliced ( half if you don’t like too much spice)
- 2 stalks spring onion
- 1 pack rice
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 tsp sweetener ( I use Sukrin 1)
- 4 tsp fish sauce WARNING Fish sauce absolutely stinks, seriously. PLEASE don’t be put off by the smell though because trust me the flavours it gives by mixing with the oyster sauce is incredible.
- 6 tsp oyster sauce
- Heat pan and grease using low calorie cooking spray
- Add 1/2 of the cashew nuts and dried red chili. Cook until lightly brown
- Add garlic and tofu( or meat) and cook through.
- Add baby corn, mushrooms and red onion.
- Add all seasoning ingredients and cook for further 2-5 minutes adding in the spring onion.
- Serve hot with rice and top with the remaining cashew nuts.
Perfect for a quick meal when you get home from work and don’t want a fuss ( but want allllll the flavour)