STRESS… work stress, school stress, love stress, life stress. We all encounter stress at some stage in our lives and sometimes it can be more frequent than we would want. I’m a huge advocate of exercise when I’m feeling down or feeling stressed. I’ve also learned that food can play a big part in helping to reduce it. I’m not talking about a takeaway and a glass of vino. As tempting as it might be.
As part of a collaboration with @calmerrama I will be bringing you a number of recipes including this one that can help release all the serotonin and melatonin keeping you feeling happy and stress-free.
This week I’ve made some snacks to keep in my handbag while I’m on the go.
These are yummy oatmeal, pumpkin and cocoa bites, all key ingredients that are scientifically proven to help relieve stress.
Let me know what you think
Makes about 18-20 – depends on how big you like your truffles!
- 120g dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 50g oats, gluten free if required
- 2 tbsp Linwoods Linseed, Cocoa and Berry
- a handful of pumpkin seeds and walnut pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (optional)
- 3 tbsp of milk alternative ( I used Alpro Hazelnut)
- 70g dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Drain dates and ensure they’re soft.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend for 30 seconds
- Scoop into 18-20 balls
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to firm for an hour.
Keep in a closed container and they will last for days.