Today I got my final wisdom tooth out …..whooooo. However, my mouth is sore AF so I’m quite limited as to what I can eat. We also just got back from France and our fridge is rather empty, having literally only chocolate and avocado. SO the obvious answer was chocolate avocado mousse. Smooth (since I can’t chew) and chocolate because well, chocolate is the best painkiller.
Avocados are so versatile as we all know (#avocadocup) and this time I’ve used them as a mould for an egg shape.
What you need
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 avocado
- 100g cooking chocolate (melted)
- 30g Sukrin Brown Sugar
- 25g cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Chocolate/Fruit/Nuts to decorate
- Cut avocados in half, scoop out the flesh and set aside in a bowl. Make sure to keep the skin in tact as you will need it later
- Once chocolate is melted, spoon it into the skins. Give it a good swirl so that the inside is fully covered. There should be some chocolate left over so pour that into the avocado flesh
- Place the skins in the freezer for 35-40 mins, until hardened.
- While they are in the freezer add all the remaining ingredients into a food processor with the avocado flesh and blend.
- Take the avocado skins from the freezer and carefully peel off the outer later. They should come off pretty easily
- Spoon the mousse in the shells and decorate with your favourite toppings
Easy! Happy Easter…